Tantalize Your Tastebuds with Healthy Goodness
Smoothies are a quick and easy way to get nutrients but you have to watch out for hidden sugar and high calories. So, we've got some healthy suggestions to kickstart your healthy day.
1) Skinny Coffee Smoothie
Mornings are hard - we hear ya'! So we've got a caffeinated way to kick-start your day, and it's dairy-free, too! (From In Katrina's Kitchen)
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup coffee, cold or room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flakes or chocolate syrup (both optional)
- 1 handful of ice
Blend your ingredients until smooth. You can top with coconut flakes or a swirl of chocolate syrup if desired. And, if you are not wary of dairy, try a spoonful or two of Greek yogurt mixed in for more protein.
2) "Kickin' It with Kale" Smoothie
Kale is a superfood and we add just a little kick with cinnamon and cayenne pepper. (From Dr. Axe)
- ½ bunch kale
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup red grapes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup ice
- ½ cup water (or until consistency is reached)
Blend all your ingredients together until a smooth consistency is reached.
3) Fruit & Oatmeal Smoothie
Oatmeal in a smoothie? Yep, and you're going to love it! (From Know Your Produce)
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk you can use almond, soy or regular milk too!
- 5-10 Strawberries
- 1 Large Frozen Banana
- 3/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Tahitian Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Raw Honey
Place your ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Enjoy!